Thursday, May 21, 2009

Much news!

Hello again! It has been a little while since my last post but I have an excuse for it...I've been really busy and when I do have the time to post, I've been lazy haha. So a few things have happened since I last posted and here they are!

~I got a pretty good sized shipment of beads in. They were from a website I had never tried out before but I took a risk and they were great! The beads are beautiful and exactly what I needed. They came really fast too! Shipping wasn't too bad and in my opinion was worth it.

~I also got in a hefty amount of earring hooks. This means I have been working on some new earrings but right now I'm mainly just getting a feel for how different things look. I'll probably have more done soon and then I can put some pics up. I had some of the current ones but they are really blurry so I'm hoping to take better ones.

~I now have a few pewter pendants and black cord necklaces thanks to Dolly and Susan (You guys are amazing and do too much for me). They are perfect for the charms I already have and the necklaces that are awaiting pendants. They are awesome!

~I am working on a new necklace that contains some real amethyst beads in it. I am really starting to like it. It's all black and purple. I'm not sure if it will have a pendant or not but we shall see! (pics to come!)

~I picked up a jar of polished stones from the flea market and decided to try my hand at wrapping them with wire to make them into pendants. I tried out one last night and was really surprised at how it turned out. I actually like it a lot for a first try. I will definitely be doing more! Below is a picture of the rose quartz that I wrapped...what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. the wrapped rose quartz is GORGEOUS! seriously whitney, i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is pretty. I like the wrapping around it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of the above, strongly. I can imagine a bloodred or crimson red or black looking absolutely gorgeous for a stonepiece too.

    ReplyDelete