Saturday, July 4, 2009

Old watches and lots of tinkering!

Happy forth of July everyone! I just returned from a nice morning at the flea market and boy did I make out like a bandit! I now have 19 watches, all quite old, and mostly falling apart. Now what would I want old broken watches for? Steampunk fun! Back at the Maker Faire that I was lucky enough to go to, I was fascinated by the steampunk culture and especially their accessories. I loved the fusion of something old and something new and decided that I'd love to give it a try for myself. While I've never made anything steampunk worthy in the past, I figured I might as well try something that interested me so much. I don't see myself living that lifestyle (not really a part of any particular "lifestyle"anyway haha) but I think branching out into that area in terms of creating things would be great. Afterall, I do love to tinker with stuff and I love my jewelry making so why not? So yeah...expect to see a few pieces involving cogs and gears and all sorts of watch parts coming soon!

1 comment: