Monday, March 23, 2009

Dark Dragonflies

Hello all! It has been a little while since I last posted and in that time, I have managed to hurt my knee and get sick. I haven't really been able to work on much so I decided to ask your opinion on something from the past. Here is an older piece I did on a small canvas panel. I have been debating whether or not to put it on a larger canvas as a part of my collection (see previous paintings post). What do you think? As for other things, I think I'll try to make some time to work on my book a little bit more. Maybe I'll even post a snippet of it here!

3 comments:

  1. I'd make the dragonflies more random- which, will be easier on a bigger canvas, that the tiny ass little thing it's on now. And maybe make them darker, or a deep crimson or something. They're just slightly washed out/faded looking here. But overall, yes, blow it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side note- the links to the recommended pages at the right. The one fore deviant art should link to YOUR profile. Let people see the rest of the work you haven't posted on here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, love the above commentor's (commentator's) name. I agree with the larger canvas idea. I also think that maybe 3 less dragonflies could help, maybe make it look like 2 are gazing into each other's eyes, and then the third whirling about all around just having a blast or being an attention hore. hehe

    ReplyDelete