Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Black and Blue Hands


I found a (sorta crummy) picture! Yay for me! Anyway...Here is a picture of a painting that was kind of an accident. I got bored while painting something else and decided to paint my hand and make a hand print on a piece of paper. Then I did the other one because I thought it might look cool. Well as it turns out, I thought the whole thing looked pretty neat so I painted a border and framed the whole thing. You can't see it too well in the picture but it you look closely at the real thing, you can make out some pretty creepy faces in the prints. My "artistic" interpretation is that the hands represent someone protecting himself/herself from some sort of abuse (hence the black and blue) and that the faces are the demons that they are having to face as well as the ones they have inside of them. Kind of a weird piece but that's what I see when I look at it. You can decide what you see...

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture! I definitely see the hands representing someone trying to block someone out or block something from happening. I get that, "No, don't!" feeling from them.

    -Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is, kinda freakishly.. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete