Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spatter and drips and more...oh my!


As promised, here are 4 of the paintings that I have finished in the past few months. They are a part of the kind of morbid collection that I mentioned earlier. I'm liking the "blood" spatter and dripping lately. It actually started with that light colored painting. One day I was painting with my watercolors and made a pretty rainbow look on the canvas. I decided that it needed a drastic contrast (which I love) of some sort. My roommate jokingly said that I could cut myself and bleed all over it. I got that little sparkle in my eye and said it was a good idea...except with fake blood...also known as various paints mixed together to look like blood haha. So yeah...thanks to my roomie Heather for giving me a great idea and starting my blood spatter madness. Anyway...there are the paintings thus far. I have 2 more that are half done but I'm not sure what direction I want to take with them yet so it may be a while before those are ready. On a separate note, I have several photography pictures I took over the past 4 years or so. There are about 17 which is a lot for this little blog but I plan on adding a couple now and then. I also have some paintings from the past that I may throw on here just because I like them. Well...that is all for now. There's more to come so keep checking back!

3 comments:

  1. Nice. I still like the third one down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love. it.

    i wanted to choose one to call my "favorite," but i can't

    splatter painting is so fun. i love how each work is unique, even if you use the same colors & method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mostly agree with nicoleisgr8, and Cole it turns out. Too bad I neither have the room nor supplies for splatter-painting..

    ReplyDelete